Tired of the usual chicken dishes? Here's a different grilled chicken recipe that's easy to prepare. Read more
A Chinese stir-fried beef dish
A Chinese beef recipe that's great with hot, steamed rice or fried rice. Read more
Versatile tuna bihod
You grill the tuna panga (jaw), turn tuna chunks into sinigang and make kinilaw with really fresh tuna. Now whip up Ginisang Bihod ng Tuna with tuna roe. Read more
Classic puto and cuchinta
Delicious puto and cuchinta for Noche Buena, anyone? Let Chef Jessie Sincioco show you how to make her best-selling kakanins. Read more
Looking for a pasta dish that's both delicious and easy to prepare when relatives and friends suddenly come a-visiting this Christmas?" Read more
Crispy tawilis with a kick
Always seasoning your tawilis with just salt and pepper? Why not marinate it in tuba and coat it with batter before frying? The recipe of former Malacaņang executive chef Babes Austria on Pantry. Read more
Pinikpikan style heirloom rice dish
How can you maximize heirloom rice once you've gotten hold of some? Turn it into a delectable chicken rice a la chicken tinola, as Chef Roland Laudico did recently using Jordan Farms heirloom heritage rice. It's called pinikpikan chicken rice, and the recipe is in Pantry. Read more
Creamy pasta dish
Pasta is not just a delicious, tummy-filling dish; it's aloso a convenient and easy-to-prepare one-dish meal. So how about a creamy seafood puttanesca? Read more
A crunchy treat
If you think pinipig is only great in kakanins and other native desserts, think again. It can make great cookies, too. Read more
A rich and cheesy flan
Love cheesecake and leche flan? Why not put them together in an ultimate dessert? Find the recipe for sentro 1771's Keso Flan in Pantry. Read more
Shrimp might be one of the healthiest items you can add to starch. It is also one of the most delicate to handle. It is easy to overcook shrimps, so it's important to correctly gauge the heat when cooking them.
It was thus the ideal vehicle for cookware brand Ballarini to showcase its line of Italian-made nonstick cookware. Its two cookware lines, Salento Keravis Whitestone and the Greenline, feature the Thermopoint device on the handles. This device changes color according to the cooking temperature, indicating when the pan is ready to use thus improving cooking quality and avoiding overheating. The Thermopoint also signals when the pan is is cool enough to be washed—preventing the pan from being subjected to thermal shock and contributing to the increase in life span of the pan.
Grappa's Ristorante's head chef, Clinton Nuyda shared this shrimp recipe using the Ballarini cookware. In Step 5, it is important to have the pan at high heat, and reduce the heat for two minutes afterwards to get the desired results: firm but juicy shrimps.
SCAMPI AL BURRO (Shrimp Scampi with Potato Puree)
Serves four appetizer portions
Shrimp Scampi with Potato Puree
4 medium size prawns peeled with tail on and deveined
1 Potato and cut into eight
60 mL of cream
30 mL of olive oil
30 grams of minced garlic
60mL of white wine
30grams of unsalted butter
Juice of 1 lemon
4 piece wedges of 1 Lemon
10 grams of chopped parsley
salt and pepper to taste
Salento Keravis Whitestone
1. Place potatoes in a small sauce pot and cover with water. Season water like the taste of the ocean. Bring to a boil and then to a medium simmer stirring potatoes occasionally.
2. Soften potatoes enough to where when poked with a paring knife it slides off with ease. Around 15 to 18 minutes.
3. Strain potatoes and mash with a potato masher or fork.
4. Put cream into the small sauce pot and heat until warm. Add potatoes and stir on medium heat until creamy. Cover with a lid and set aside.
5. Place a small saute pan on high heat and add olive oil. When hot, add shrimps on its side and reduce heat to medium for two minutes. Flip over on its other side and continue to cook for a minute or so.
6. Add minced garlic and sweat briefly.
7. Add White wine and reduce slightly. Add lemon juice and butter.
8. Emulsify the garlic, lemon and butter sauce along with the shrimp and turn off heat. Add chopped parsley.
9. Place big spoonfuls of the potato puree on a serving dish and top with the shrimp standing up. Drizzle with sauce and serve with lemon wedges.