July 2, 2012
Scent of a woman
I don't know any lady who doesn't like to smell good. We seem to be always looking for the perfect scent that not only exudes a divine aroma; we also find ways and techniques to keep ourselves smelling great as long as possible.
Thus, I'm glad to learn new tips from no other than Michelle Asence-Fontelera, the woman who built the fragrance empire ZenZest. Here's sharing her helpful guidelines on making the most out of fragrances:
1. Do scent layering. Enhance scents' longevity and create an overall halo of fragrance around your body by using the same variant of shower gel/soap, deodorant, and lotion before topping them off with perfume.
2. For long lasting scent, spray perfume right after taking a shower when your pores are still open, your body temperature is higher, and your skin is primed to receive fragrance.
3. Apply lotion with the same scent, or an unscented lotion, before spraying fragrance on. Dry skin is one reason why scents evaporate quickly.
4. Avoid leaving indelible stains on clothing and accessories, especially on synthetic fibers and pearls, by spraying perfume before putting on any clothes or before wearing jewelry.
5. Never rub your wrists together after spraying perfume on them because that would "compress" the scent and prevent it from developing naturally with your body chemistry. The rubbing action also breaks down the oils and changes the scent.
6. Keep fragrances in a cool, dark place to preserve the original scent and keep the top notes extra potent to make them last longer. The best place for storing? Your refrigerator!
7. Do not store fragrances for years. Unlike wine, perfumes do not get better with age. In fact, fragrance starts deteriorating the moment it is processed and bottled. So, the fresher you can get it, the better. Use and enjoy them as soon as possible.
8. Ask to try fragrances and see how they react to your skin's chemistry first before buying them. Never make a purchase based on smelling strips alone.
Women love fragrances the way men love sports, toys, or cars. Scents can make us feel good, lift our mood, and even make us remember a particular person or moment in the past. When you put on the right scent, expect to feel more confident and be in a better frame of mind the whole day.
So, what fragrance do you plan to wear today?